1. Go Native!! Fantastic performances by Gene Tagaban who shares the Native American cultural side of Salmon Fest. His performances are meaningful, beautiful and enlightening, plus don’t forget to visit the Native American Village for smoked salmon.
2. You will Love these guys…look & listen for “The Bobbers” on the festival grounds, they will have you wiggling your fins with a grin.
3. Do “The Tour”, the Hatchery Tour that is. Learn about one of the largest hatcheries in the world, get the inside scoop on how it all works…from egg to adult. You’ll help feed the fingerlings, learn how fish “tell” their age and discover the incredible journey these fish undergo.
4. Stroll along the “Chalk Walk” and watch the beautiful and original Chalk Art being created by local artists before your very eyes.
5. Um…mmmm…don’t miss the delicious assortment of food available from the Salmon Fest Food Court.
6. Back by popular demand is Scott Petersen “The Reptile Man” and his famous Reptile show. This hands-on show’s main characters are live reptiles. Featured in the Seattle Times newspaper and with Bill Nye, “The Science Guy”.
7. Enter the beautiful Salmon Tent and listen to Native American legends about Coyote and other forest friends.
8. Stroll along the new Pollinator Garden that was just nationally recognized! Over 350 plants will help the Monarch butterfly carry on its critical mission.
9. Here’s a Salmon Festival classic! Get your brush and paint a fish! That’s right, learn the ancient Japanese art of Gyotaku and make your own fish print to take home. Suitable for framing.
10. Look for the new Wildfire Exhibit which will showcase how our environment is changing. Learn how to prepare the family for any disaster and meet firefighters and see how they use their equipment.
11. Be amazed…that’s right, try out the a-maze-ing Salmon Maze. A 40-by-40 barrier-free maze and experience the many challenges of aquatic life and migration.
12. Do a “high five” salmon-style with our mascots Frank & Frannie. Get your photo taken with the biggest walking salmon you’ll ever see! Big and little kids love these guys!
13. Love the out-of-doors? Come see the latest in Outdoor Recreation activities. There’s a new archery exhibit too. Special presentations will be held throughout Saturday.
14. And, don’t forget to go shopping and hook one of our festival T-Shirts.